Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hermana Mercado's 17th letter from Chile



Don't have a lot of time to write this week. We have changes today. Yep, they let us know Saturday night that I have changes this week. And the assistants called us yesterday to let Hermana Herrera know that she is training and I'm going to be senior companion in my new sector. WHAT?! I might have more time to write later. Love you all!


Since our P-day was cut short yesterday due to changes, they gave us time to do email today as well. 

Yes, I have been made senior companion. And I'm with Hermana Iroz, my first companion in the MTC! And on top of that, we are doing a whitewash; opening a new sector. We are in Cuidad Satelite in Maipu. The sector just belonged to elders, but now it's been split between the two of us. So, we are serving in the same ward as the elders, but we're in charge of half the ward boundaries. It's interesting working with elders. We are working with Elder Rivera (who also happens to be our district leader) and Elder Nelson. They've been showing us around and orienting us to our sector. I think we'll be walking around with a map for a while.

But the ward is really amazing. And they are really excited to have Sisters as well. We just met Hermana Isabel yesterday (a member who lives close to our house) and that night she came by to drop off dinner for us! 

President King told us that our area is basically like a ward in the United States. It's a ward full of return missionaries and an asistance of at least 120 every week. And we are definitely working in a richer sector. We met with the bishop last night, and he told us that it's a little challenging to get baptisms here. We'll have to see what we can do to help with that.

I have no idea why I've been given this responsibility so quickly. I don't know if I'm ready. But I do know that the Lord will never give us anything that we can't handle, and if we just trust in him he will help us through anything. I just have to replace my fears with faith. Hermana Iroz is super animada, so that helps. 

I have lots of pictures to send, mainly from the despedidos that I did, but this computer doesn't recognize my camera. I'll try to send pictures next week. 

--Hermana Mercado  

No comments:

Post a Comment