Monday, September 17, 2012

Hermana Mercado's #6 Letter from Chile

I miss milk. Hermana Nelson and I love eating chocolate, but we don't have any milk to drink with it. They have milk here, but it comes in a cardboard box and it doesn't need to be refrigerated. I'm fine having it with my cereal, but I can't drink it straight. It tastes funny. 

Anyway, things this past week have been good. We were able to teach Viktor this week about the restoration and we watched the restoration movie with him. Oh man, the spirit was so strong. This is a 16 year old boy, and after the movie and us bearing testimony of the things Joseph Smith had seen, he looked like he was on the verge of tears! He said it had never occurred to him to ask God before. So, we've committed him to reading the Book of Mormon and praying. I feel like he could progress a lot! And I know he will as ling as he takes the time to do the things we've invited him to do. Because we can teach investigators all day long about the gospel, but if they don't take the time to act, to find out for themselves, to exercise a little faith, it won't go anywhere. But it is amazing what happens when they do! 

Well, it's offical. I've been here for one change (6 weeks). Hermana Nelson and I are staying together for this next change, but our district leader's companion is moving to another sector, and our district leader, Elder Johnson, is no longer going to be our district leader. We're getting new missionaries coming to the mission tomorrow (the elders ans sisters from my first district in the MTC!) and Elder Johnson is training! Hopefully he's training an Elder I know. We shall see!

--Hermana Mercado

No comments:

Post a Comment