Friday, June 7, 2013

Hermana Mercado's 39th Letter from Chile

This week has been insane! Tuesday we had interviews with President amd Hermana King. They were good. Seeing how we're doing, what we're learning, and Hermana King always gives us cookies. It was my last interview with President King. They will be leaving the mission June 28, and we'll be getting our new mission president.

Wednesday, we went to the temple! We took the metro and a few micros to get there, but it was worth it. My first time doing initiatories and a session in Spanish.It was really cool. I felt so blessed that I understood everything and I was able to do it in Spanish. 

Thursday, we had the first special training meeting just for Hermanas. All the Hermana Lideres Entrenadores each gave a mini-class. It was so good! There were some really powerful classes from the Hermanas. My favorite had to be from Hermana Godoy, from Argentina. She talked about inviting with power and authority, and talked about how we can have more power as we seek to obtain the spirit.She is a maquina! 
I was in charge of teaching a class on the importance of service and love for people. To me, service is what describes the mission. All that we do is service, seeking to help people in anyway we can; in their temporal as well as their spiritual needs. And love is the thing that drives our desire to serve. And then it's just a cycle. When we learn to love the people, we desire to serve them, and when we serve them, our love for them grows. The mission is amazing, because we get the opportunity to serve 24/7, thus the opportunity to develop the ability to love other people like no other. I never thought I could love so many people so much. And as we develop that love everyday, everyday we come a little bit closer to becoming more like Christ; we're learning to love people the way Christ loves them.

Friday, we deep cleaned the house to get ready for changes. President King called us that night to let us know about changes. Hermana Moody and I are leaving Ciudad Satelite. I will be doing a whitewash and training again. Hermana Selk will be staying in Ciudad Satelite, will be getting a latin companion, and they both will be training a new Hermana. 

Saturday, we had a big barbecue with the Vergara Familia to send off Elder Rivera (our district leader. He finishes his mission today and is going home to Ecuador).It  turned into a farewell for Hna.Moody and I as well since we are leaving the sector. 

Then Sunday was the happiest and saddest day oy my life. Matias, Max, y Coti got baptized! And the baptismal service was beautiful! After, we made the rounds to say our goodbyes. 

Today, we have changes. Hermana Isabel dropped us off at the stake center and now we have some extra time till the changes meeting starts. We'll see where I get to go this time. A new adventure begins!


--Hermana Mercado   

No comments:

Post a Comment