Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hermana Mercado's 43rd Letter from Chile


My mind is a blur. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember what happened just the day before. I know it rained a lot for a couple of days this past week. The roads were like a river. And we have a lot of dirt roads in our sector, so those turned to mud. Luckily, Hna. Choc and I bought rain boots a few weeks back, so we were prepared. 

We had a lot of appointments set up for one of those rainy days. It was raining that morning when I woke up. In my experience in Chile, when it rains, it usually rains all day long, so in my morning prayer, I included, "Please Heavenly Father, if you could let it stop raining before our appointments so people don't cancel, that would be great". It stopped raining right after lunch.

We started to teach a great family this week. Oscar and Marcela. The Elders had been teaching them a couple of months back. And they have three young boys. And the cutest little puppy I have ever seen! But that's besides the point. Marcela is a member, but hasn't gone for a long time. Oscar is not a member, but really open, asks a lot of questions and is reading the Book of Mormon. I love them! 

Things are hard a times, but things are good. And the members are amazing. I think one of my favorite families so far has to be la Familia Lopez. El Hno. Lopez is the 1st counselor in our bishopric, and really funny. They have two sons that are married and already gone from the house. All that remains is their daughter Genesis. She was born the same year as boy, but she's already serving as the 1st couselor in the Relief Society! She is amazing. Working, and studying, and always willing to help us out. And they're all really funny. 
And la Hermana Muriel. She is a sweet heart. Her husband works in the stake, so she spends a lot of time at home alone taking care of their 5 boys! Ranging from 16 to 2 years old. Samuel! He is so cute! But she is always so happy. She helps to lift my spirits.

And now we have a new President. President Barrieros. We get to have interviews with him this Friday, so I'll let you know how that goes. 

Love you all!

--Hermana Mercado

No comments:

Post a Comment