Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hermana Mercado's 46th letter from Chile


First, I would like to apologize if I was a little bit melodramatic in my last email. Mission life gets hard sometimes and Satan was working on me a little bit. Don't worry, I'm better now. 

Last week had a lot of highlights. Tuesday, we met with Romina and Alejandro. Romina is less active, but she shared with us that she wants to start coming back to church. Alejandro (her husband) shared that he would like t learn more and see if the church is something that could be good for their daughters (they have the two cutest little girls, Daphne and Helen). Then, near the end of the meeting he revealed that he had been baptized in the church several years back. So, another less active, not an investigator. But we're really excited to work with them because they are such a sweet family.
 
That day we also had a really sweet lesson on the restoration with Oscar, an investigator who's been meeting with missionaries for a while. His wife is a member but inactive at the moment, but they are amazing people. He believes everything that we taught him, but his only doubt is that he doesn't believe a man can see God. The room was on fire in that lesson. He's committed to reading and praying about the Book of Mormon to know if what we taught him is true or not. 

Wednesday was a little rough. A lot of our citas fell through so we ended up doing a lot of contacting and I don't know what was wrong that day, but it seemed like everyone we talked to was angry about something. But we ended the day well, visiting with Lucy, the mom of Marienela, a menos activa. Her husband passed away last week. She says she loves it when we come by. We always bring peace into her home. We're starting to teach her.

Thursday was great. We had a Zone Conference with President y Hna. Barreiros and Elder y Hna. Zeballos of the Seventy. It was just the piuck me up I needed. It reminded me that we can work miracles with the help of the Lord if we will only exercise our faith. It also reminded me that we need to be happy. It also helped that I got to see Hna. Selk. I love that girl. She had changes and is now in the Zone where I was born! Olimpo! She's living in my first home! Crazy.

Friday we were able to visit with Karina again. She is doing great and saying her prayers! She even offered to say the first prayer in our lesson! We're helping her to start reading the Book of Mormon now. I was tired by the end of that day, I fell alseep during the closing prayer after planning for the next day. Hna. Choc had to say "Amen" twice to wake me up. 

Saturday, we didn't have a lot of set plans, so we were contacting SIMI. We weren't having a lot of success, so when were standing outside of the next house on our list I started to pray really hard, something to the effect of "Heavenly Father, please help us to find someone who'll let us in". A woman came to the door, all I said was "Somos misioneras de la Iglesia de Jescuristo...", she told us to hold on, went inside for a second, came back out and said "Pasen!" She wasn't the person we were looking for, and she had never shared with missionaries before, but she said that all who share the word of God are welcome in her house. Telma. We also met her sister, Berta, neice, Jesenia, and son Josue. And their willing to learn more! We were alos able to visit with David and Olivia, contacts we had done a couple of days earlier. 6 new investigators in one day! The Lord is amazing.

Sunday, Carlos and Felipe came to church again! We weren't able to meet with them this past week but we have a cita to teach them this week. Lucy also came to church with Marienela! And the day was good. 

The gospel is true. It brings us peace and happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment