Monday, July 15, 2013

Hermana Mercado's 45th Letter from Chile

Well, let's see. I don't remember if I told you guys, but last week for P-day, the whole zone went to an airplane and space museum. That was fun. We had as our tour guide, Hno. Vasquez, the secound counselor from Ciudad Satelite. That was fun to see him again. Afterwards we went to the mall that was close by (Plaza Oeste) for lunch and to shop a little. I didn't really buy anything just printed pictures.

This past week I also had divisions with my Hermana Lider Entrenadora, Hna. Fuentes. That was a good time. She's from Mexico, has one more change than I do and she's amazing. She reminded me how to enjoy every day in the mission, because our time here is short. 

We started teaching a couple of antiguos, Carlos y Felipe, and they are amazing! They are reading the Book of Mormon and already have a testimony of it and the restauration. But when we invited them to be baptized, they said they felt it wasn't the right time yet. They have other situatons and responsibilities going on in their lives right now, and they don't want to get baptized and then have the church be something that they put aside. So we're working with them. They came to church! 

We've started to teach English classes. We had a pretty good size group this past week, but we hope to have more people this week. 

I hit 1 year in the mission. Man, I feel old. But at the same time, I feel like I just got here, and there is still so much that I have to learn. Gah! 

I told myself at the beginning of my mission that I never wanted to feel trunky, but as the end comes closer, it really does get harder. I can just feel my body getting more tired. Especially when everyone asks you how much time you have in the mission, and now the reaction is always, "Ah! Te queda pocito!" Having divisiones with Hna. Fuentes helped a lot. She has less time than I, and she really is taking advantage of everyday. I pray that the Lord can give me the strength to do what I need to do, to focus everyday on how I can help the people here, and not waste time getting distracted. This is time I'll never get back. And my time is not over yet.

--Hna. Mercado

No comments:

Post a Comment