Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hermana Mercado's 57th Letter from Chile

This day is crazy. Today, the whole mission got together for the reunion de cambios. Hna Selk is training again (she's a champ). Two new zones were created. Our zone split. Our sector has been split as well and we have two more Hermanas coming to be with us in our sector. We moved into a bigger house this past week to prepare for them and it is pretty sweet. We were told we were going to have P-day Wednesday this week due to the meeting today, but at the end of the meeting they informed us that in reality, we would still be having P-day today. So doing internet here in Maipu (I'll send pictures next week. Didn't bring my cord or anything) before the 2 hour and a half trip back to Quisco. That's going to be interesting helping the other Hermanas with their luggage :) 

Also this past week was fun as we were finally able to return to Santiago to finish the errands for Hna. Rodriguez's carnet (registro civil had been on strike). The lines were ridiculously long. 6 hours standing! But we had some good conversations with the people in line. And on the way back we ran into some of my people from Nueva San Martin! I actually don't remember their names, but they were the son and daughter-in-law of Laura, an awesome member who was always willing to help us out with rides for investigators and noches de hogar. They had been inactive when I was there, but they informed me that they are asisting again now! And they informed me that Jose, (his dad, and Laura's husband), who's not a member, is going to be baptized next weekend! I could not believe it! When I was there, he was so hard! He didn't want to hear anything! But I remember that with Hna. Herrera, we began to gain his confidence, and started to try to teach him. It's a miracle. It's just a testimony to me that Heavenly Father can change hearts. 

General Conference was awesome. I'll give more info on what I learned next week. Love you all and the gospel is true!

--Hna Mercado 

No comments:

Post a Comment