Monday, October 22, 2012

Hermana Mercado's 12th Letter from Chile

Well, this was a week of changes. Hermana Nelson has left me. And yes, I cried a lot. She's been moved to Talagante and is training a greenie again! Talk about stressful! They are doing a whitewash, meaning both of them are new to the area, not to mention their were Elders in their area before; they're the first Sisters. At least she's training a Latina this time, so she doesn't have to worry about helping her to learn Spanish as well. 

I'm still in Nueva San Martin, but my new companion is Hermana Herrera from Guatemala. She is amazing! She has only been here in Chile one change longer than I have, but she is a pro! And she has a faith like I've never seen! We did 107 contacts this past week! I think the most Hermana Nelson and I did in one week was 70 something. And Hermana Herrera wants to do more this week. And we actually found people who let us into their homes with the first contact! That's never happened to me before! 

Anyway, Hermana Herrera is helping me a lot, not only with becoming more confident doing contacts, but also in leading, and talking in lessons. I'm starting to feel like I'm actually working, and it feels great!

And the Chile Santiago West Mission, along with one other mission in Chile, had a special devotional with Elder David A. Bednar from the Quorum of the Twelve. I was able to see Hermana Carter and Hermana Iroz from the MTC! And wouldn't you know it, we had a special musical number in the beginning from Elder Archuleta! He sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus" in Spanish. And of course, it was gorgeous. I was able to saludar him after the devotional and thank him for his musical number, but sorry, no pictures. That wouldn't have been profesional.

Elder Bednar gave a great devotional. He didn't give a talk, but instead it was a question and answer sesion. And it was good. I forgot my notes at the house, but I'll try to share something next week. A lot about acting by faith, and how to listen to and learn by the spirit. It was amazing!

--Hermana Mercado 

No comments:

Post a Comment